Introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
vkagawan2

Post by vkagawan2 » January 18th, 2021, 7:27 pm

Hello! My name is Vicki from Alameda, California. During the shelter-in-place order in 2020, I finally had the time to pursue voice-over training. My creative outlet, before the pandemic closed it down, is being involved in theatre as a performer and a stage manager. Voice-over has always interested me and how we can connect with the listeners by expressing emotions, inflections through the sound of our voices when we read the text....was that too much? Anyway, I'm very excited to be part of LibriVox. Thank you!

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » February 21st, 2021, 2:33 pm

Hello, Vicki, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

You'll have received an outline of your first steps, in the introductory email. It's really not as difficult to get up and running as it seems at first. The process will seem straightforward after you've become involved in a few projects.

Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

And you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

I hope you enjoy your time here; it's a friendly place.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger