New here, what about you?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
inadra

Post by inadra »

Hello all,

I'm Joana and new to narration in the public domain - I have quite a bit of personal narration experience thanks to my kid's love for books.

My husband introduced me to LibriVox books several years ago and I think it is wonderful to have access to audio-recorded books, whether they are free or not.

What is your favorite aspect of audio-recorded books?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, Joana, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

You have the advantage of your partner already knowing his way through our system, so it may not seem too confusing.

Phil has produced a useful introductory video (and many others, aiming at more specific aspects of the system): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

I hope you'll enjoy your time with us.

And, in answer to your question, I hardly listen to audiobooks at all. I just enjoy reading aloud, and sharing books that I like. When you've made your first recordings, you may find it as strange as I do, to know that your voice is being heard around the world.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

inadra wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:20 pm Hello all,

I'm Joana and new to narration in the public domain - I have quite a bit of personal narration experience thanks to my kid's love for books.

My husband introduced me to LibriVox books several years ago and I think it is wonderful to have access to audio-recorded books, whether they are free or not.

What is your favorite aspect of audio-recorded books?
Hi Joana! 🌷

I`m a newbie too - here and in the world of audiobooks. And even in the English-speaking world, for I`m only learning it.
By listening to books in English I try to impove my own pronunciation and other skills relative to that.
And I`m happy to discover for me the PLing as a good, useful and important way of volunteering.

My favorite aspect of audiobooks?.. I believe it`s the touch of Eternity and the sort unification of all the people through the time, space and other limits. At least, till the servers are OK))

Stay safe! 🌞
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄