Hello there

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Zack112

Post by Zack112 »

Hi! I am 16 years old, and am excited to help out with my favourite collection of recorded books! I have never really been on a forum before, so y'all are going to have to tell me what to expect.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

It will probably seem confusing at first; there seems to be a lot of information to take in. But if you go through your introductory email, you should be able to take your first steps safely: recording set-up, getting a small sample of your recorded voice checked for its technical specifications (you post in the Listeners Wanted subforum), and recording a couple of short pieces to get a feel for how our system works (in the Short Pieces subforum).

... and you can always ask questions (in the Need Help subforum, further down the opening page of the forum). You'll find friendly help.

Phil has produced a useful introductory video (and many others, aiming at more specific aspects of the system): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

I hope you'll enjoy yourself.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Zack112 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 11:59 am Hi! I am 16 years old, and am excited to help out with my favourite collection of recorded books! I have never really been on a forum before, so y'all are going to have to tell me what to expect.
Hulloa! 🙋‍♂️

Yeah, there is definetely a learning curve in here and some things may seem to be difficult to manage, at first sight. But in reality, I`m sure that you`ll figure out everything well and will develop here with pleasure & joy.
Among the ways of volunteering, there are recording of audiobooks and prooflistening. Both of them are interesting and exciting and you can try each of them. Just don`t lose your enthusiasm, read and think and ask the people around here!
And stay safe! 🌞
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄