new in town

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CarlaMai

Post by CarlaMai »

Hello everyone! :)

Very happy to finally have made it to join the librivox community. I am excited to start reading, working on projects with you guys, trying out different voices and having a lot of fun!

All the best,
CarlaMai
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, CarlaMai,
Welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the delay in answering your post. It's really much easier to get involved than it seems. Just three steps and you're free to explore. You'll find lots of information in your introductory email (it will probably seem like too much!), but basically, you just need your recording set-up, then to send in a little sample of your recording, so you can be sure that things like volume, background noise, sample rate (whatever that is!) fit our needs ... and then, perhaps, one or two pieces recorded for the collections in the "Short Works" part of the forum ... so you can get a feel for how the system works ... then dive in!

I hope you'll enjoy yourself.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

CarlaMai wrote: January 11th, 2021, 11:16 am Hello everyone! :)

Very happy to finally have made it to join the librivox community. I am excited to start reading, working on projects with you guys, trying out different voices and having a lot of fun!

All the best,
CarlaMai
Hi Laura! 🐧

I don't understand German, but you sound nice, soft and expressive. Really nice!
I wish you success, joy and good health! 🍀
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄