Kia ora from Aotearoa - Reader of spiritual, occult and mystical books

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mrtimmydee

Post by mrtimmydee »

Kia ora e te whānau & hello from Aotearoa New Zealand.

My name is Tim, and I am an ex-radio-show host who collects antiquated (and other) books.
I'm vision impaired, and I greatly appreciate the work done by readers and other volunteers here at Librivox.
Having newfound time on my hands (and a recording setup), I thought I'd give reading a go.

For the juicy parts, here's a non-exhaustive list of my antiquated books that could be read. Please message me if anything interests you.
The subjects: religion, spiritualism, mysticism, occult, Eastern philosophy arts and stories, etc.

1. Demonology & Witchcraft - Robert Brown, 1889
2. Christian Researches in Asia - Rev. Claudius Buchanan, D. D. Fifth Edition, 1812
3. Polynesian Mythology, Sir George Grey late Governor-in-Chief of New Zealand, ND (first published 1855)
4. The French Revolution (three volumes), Thomas Carlyle, 1837
5. Royal School Series - Brief History of England, 1910
6. Who Wrote It? Fifth Edition, 1894
7. Slater’s Sententiæ Chronologicæ, Mrs. Slater, a new addition, 1854
8. Chips From a German Workshop, Volumes One and Two of Five, Max Müller, M. A.? 1867
9. Mile-Stone Papers, Daniel L. Steele, D. D., 1878
10. Greek & Roman Philosophy, multiple Authors, pre-1859
11. Poetical Works of John Milton, Rev. H. C. Beeching, M. A., 1916
12. The Risen Sun, Baron Suyematsu, 1905
13. Beyond The Himalayas, John Geddie, 1882
14. Arts and Crafts of Old Japan, Stewart Dick, 1906
15. Ideals of the East, Kakuzo Okakura, 1970 (originally published 1904)
16. The Light of Asia, Sir E. Arnold, 1889
17. The Adornment of the Spiritual Marriage - The Sparkling Stone - The Book of Supreme Truth, John of Ruysbroek, 1951 (First published 1916, written late 1200's)
The Apocrypha, Authorized Version, in the new Sheldon Type, 1947 (originally an old text)
There's also plenty of Gutenberg on my kindle.

Happy to talk books or recording gear setups, etc. Don't worry, I'm following the list of things to do fist, including the test recording.

Anyway, hope you are all fine!

Noho ora mai, stay well,

Tim.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Howdie! 👐

As for me, you are talking about pretty cool things and it looks like you are a consistent and persistent person. Therefore, to be honest, it is surprising to me that you do not write anywhere more here, communicating on the forum. But everything has its time and I believe that you will find ways to implement your plans.
I wish you success, good health and all the best! 🐵
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
mrtimmydee

Post by mrtimmydee »

Thank-you! I’ll be organising my routine around a regular recording session. We’ll see how it goes. I’ll be happy once everything’s in place.
All the best!
MrTimmyDee
TheVoiceInMyHead

Post by TheVoiceInMyHead »

Hello! I am also new, so I just thought I would be social and say hello to the last ten persons who posted a "Just got here!" message!

Interesting list! I find 3, 10 and 11 the most interesting for me, but as I said, I just got here, so this is just a newbie's comment!

It is great to have someone from the visually impaired community here! I love audio because it is so democratic and it cuts across so many groups, putting in the same category of "listeners" people from all ages and ability levels!!! And mega kudos to you for wanting to read for other listeners, visually impaired or not!

Cheers,

Giovanna
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

TheVoiceInMyHead wrote: June 4th, 2021, 3:10 pm Hello!
Hi, Giovanna! 🌺

Thanx for joining us! 🐋
Last edited by HandmadePSK on September 17th, 2021, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
RyanStrawn

Post by RyanStrawn »

Kia Ora!
Hi Tim! I’m from America, but, besides podcasting, I’m also a fitness coach, teaching Les Mills International fitness classes. Les Mills is based in Auckland!

Anyway, I’d be interested in 1, 3, 5, and 10.
I’m new so I’m not sure how to do it all yet, but I have great audio equipment!

Happy to meet you!
Ryan Strawn