Another "hello" from a to-be reader

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
cadwallader

Post by cadwallader »

Hello.

That's all, folks! Not really.

I created my account over two weeks ago, it looks like, but I've been delayed in the acquisition of hardware. Plus side, that appears to be moving forward, so I should be good to submit my test recording... well, packages are still significantly delayed, so at some point.

I have a minor amount of experience reading to a partner, but no previous experience doing the audio recording portion, other than a simple test with Audacity while holding the microphone in my hand. But I am working on the desk stand, shock mount, and pop filter, because I really do not feel like holding a 1lbs microphone in my left hand while scrolling with my right. Primarily I read fantasy, but I expect to branch out a little for these readings.

Hopefully housemates, the dog, and the air traffic won't make recording too difficult, when the time comes.

Cadwallader
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

cadwallader wrote: January 8th, 2021, 8:27 pm Hello.

That's all, folks! Not really.

I created my account over two weeks ago, it looks like, but I've been delayed in the acquisition of hardware. Plus side, that appears to be moving forward, so I should be good to submit my test recording... well, packages are still significantly delayed, so at some point.

I have a minor amount of experience reading to a partner, but no previous experience doing the audio recording portion, other than a simple test with Audacity while holding the microphone in my hand. But I am working on the desk stand, shock mount, and pop filter, because I really do not feel like holding a 1lbs microphone in my left hand while scrolling with my right. Primarily I read fantasy, but I expect to branch out a little for these readings.

Hopefully housemates, the dog, and the air traffic won't make recording too difficult, when the time comes.

Cadwallader
Hi Cad! 👨

I am glad to see that you have successfully dealt with all the nuances and are safely moving along the chosen path. I also think to start with something short when I'm going to record myself.
I wish you success and good health! 🖐
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄