Newbie here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
LittleRoo2020

Post by LittleRoo2020 »

Hello all,

I am writing from Colorado (USA). I'm a big project gutenberg fan and delighted to learn about LibriVox audible volunteer opportunities. I'm in the process of retiring from a career as a professor, and I'm looking for something worthwhile to do with my free time. This certainly looks worthwhile to me.

I love to read and love to read aloud, so the opportunity to record is appealing to me. But,proof listening looks interesting too.

Am going through all the instructions and advice right now, and I hope to be active soon.

Meg T.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Meg! I predict great fun in store for you here. As a retiring professor you can continue to teach via audio books. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

7 STEPS TO RECORDING FOR LIBRIVOX Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
LittleRoo2020

Post by LittleRoo2020 »

Thanks so much, Phil. I've already seen many of your helpful videos as I make my way through the tech requirements etc. You are a LibriVox star as far as I can see.

Glad Maria is enthusiastic - I am too!

Meg
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

LittleRoo2020 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2021, 6:55 pm Thanks so much, Phil. I've already seen many of your helpful videos as I make my way through the tech requirements etc. You are a LibriVox star as far as I can see.

Glad Maria is enthusiastic - I am too!

Meg
Thank you Meg. Yep, I am shining bright and looking forward to you adding to the brilliance around here! Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

LittleRoo2020 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2021, 12:14 pm Hello all,

I am writing from Colorado (USA). I'm a big project gutenberg fan and delighted to learn about LibriVox audible volunteer opportunities. I'm in the process of retiring from a career as a professor, and I'm looking for something worthwhile to do with my free time. This certainly looks worthwhile to me.

I love to read and love to read aloud, so the opportunity to record is appealing to me. But,proof listening looks interesting too.

Am going through all the instructions and advice right now, and I hope to be active soon.

Meg T.
Hi Meg! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

As for me, you have a very youthful voice for a retiring person. And in any case - very pleasant one!
And even if everything does not always work out the first time, you are great and you move correctly and consistently. Well done!
God health & good luck! πŸ’™
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
LittleRoo2020

Post by LittleRoo2020 »

You are very kind. Thank you for your encouragement!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

LittleRoo2020 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2021, 12:14 pm Hello all,

I love to read and love to read aloud, so the opportunity to record is appealing to me. But, proof listening looks interesting too.

Meg T.
Hello again, dear professor! πŸ’

Yeah, this online project has plenty of good things.
Being learning English, I myself kill two birds with one stone, proof-listening here.
So, let`s have fun! 🍰
tijiva

Post by tijiva »

I am a newbie here and wanted to contribute to the Librivox endeavor. I live in CA and work for a tech company. I would like to contribute by doing some test recording and moving on to chapter readings. I love to read aloud and want to get familiarized with the tools of the trade. Any help appreciated.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

tijiva wrote: ↑April 9th, 2021, 1:32 pm I am a newbie here and wanted to contribute to the Librivox endeavor. I live in CA and work for a tech company. I would like to contribute by doing some test recording and moving on to chapter readings. I love to read aloud and want to get familiarized with the tools of the trade. Any help appreciated.
Hello! πŸ¦„

This is not exactly the proper place for your introduction, for this is LittleRoo2020`s introduction and I suppose admins will move your message into the right place, which will be the on the same forum thread...
But I`m glad to see you here and am especialy happy to be the first to welcome you into this friendly community, full of interesting things to do, learn etc.
And about help: FAQ`s, Phil Chenevert`s youtube channel and the links into your registration mail will for sure help you to start well.
So, take a walk around and have fun! 😺
See you 🌟