Hello from Maine!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GillianB

Post by GillianB » January 5th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Hi everyone! My name's Gillian and I'm currently living on the Maine coast, just a ferry ride away from the Casco Bay Islands where many wonderful authors have lived, worked, and become inspired. Lots of people have been telling me lately that I have a good audiobook voice and so I decided to join this community because I have enjoyed LibriVox in the past. I'm excited to start working on some projects!

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » January 6th, 2021, 7:55 pm

GillianB wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Hi everyone! My name's Gillian and I'm currently living on the Maine coast, just a ferry ride away from the Casco Bay Islands where many wonderful authors have lived, worked, and become inspired. Lots of people have been telling me lately that I have a good audiobook voice and so I decided to join this community because I have enjoyed LibriVox in the past. I'm excited to start working on some projects!
Hello! The first (and only, in fact) name that comes into my mind when Maine is mentioned it`s, of course, Stephen King!
But this is only because of the poverty of my knowledge in this area, of course.
It's cool when great texts are complemented by a good reading and a pleasant voice! Good luck to you, Gillian! :)
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:
Alexander, by HandmadePSK

GJConover

Post by GJConover » January 11th, 2021, 2:15 pm

Hi, ... also from Maine (North Windham). I am a retired businessman (Computerworks - Scarborough, ME) and decided to set up my own audio recording studio. My wife and I have listened to quite a few Librivox recordings in past years, so I decided to "jump in with both feet" and see what I can do. So far I've recorded several chapters of "When Ships Pass In The Night" and have requested / claimed several chapters of "The Northern Spy".