Greetings New Reader

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ricki

Post by Ricki »

Greetings all, I can't wait to begin reading with all of you. I have been a public servant for decades. Generally focused in community health education, disease prevention, and youth. I've been working with local civic organizations and local government for nearly 30 years. I have started my own business and am doing well enough that I find that I finally have enough time to add in a few things I've "Always wanted to...." but never had time to do. I am an avid reader, my kids are voracious readers. My eldest child endeavors to write Sci-Fi fiction books. I have met people throughout my life that could not read well either due to age, vision, learning disabilities, life events during their education, or language barriers. I love audiobooks and they have been such a great comfort to me in this difficult year. I've worked with a lot of schools and I know that once young people become hooked into reading it becomes a lifelong love. I can't wait to contribute to a place where people can "read" even if it is my voice reading the actual words. Thank you for your time. _Ricki
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Ricki and a big Welcome to LibriVox! You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

7 STEPS TO RECORDING FOR LIBRIVOX Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Ricki wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:37 am Greetings all, I can't wait to begin reading with all of you. I have been a public servant for decades. Generally focused in community health education, disease prevention, and youth. I've been working with local civic organizations and local government for nearly 30 years. I have started my own business and am doing well enough that I find that I finally have enough time to add in a few things I've "Always wanted to...." but never had time to do. I am an avid reader, my kids are voracious readers. My eldest child endeavors to write Sci-Fi fiction books. I have met people throughout my life that could not read well either due to age, vision, learning disabilities, life events during their education, or language barriers. I love audiobooks and they have been such a great comfort to me in this difficult year. I've worked with a lot of schools and I know that once young people become hooked into reading it becomes a lifelong love. I can't wait to contribute to a place where people can "read" even if it is my voice reading the actual words. Thank you for your time. _Ricki
Hi Ricki! 🤠
It is pleasant to observe among the volunteers a person with such a rich store of knowledge, life experience and experience of communication with many people of different ages, lifestyles and ways of thinking. And it's great that now you have the opportunity to devote time to what you love yourself. Good luck to you, your children and family! ⭐
Thank you so much for your time & efforts! 🍀
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Ricki

Post by Ricki »

Thank you, Alexander! It is good to always find new things to do.