Hey! New here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ReaderVol2

Post by ReaderVol2 »

Hi! I am a new volunteer here. I am doing this as one of the steps to receive a scholarship. I do like to read though, and I wanted to volunteer places for some time, but with the virus spreading, it became harder to volunteer in person. So, this is a great opportunity for me to engage in different communities online, at least until restrictions are lifted.

Have a great day!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think you will need to check with whoever is organizing this volunteering, we are really never able to sign anything or verify anything you do. If you had asked you would have received the following reply
We get a number of requests about people using us for school or court ordered community service or other service projects and although we welcome all readers you would need to discuss this with whoever is organising it as there a number of things that may make it not suitable.
We are not a registered charity.
We are totally web based and are unable to sign any paperwork- we have no office , no staff and no way to know how many hours you have spent volunteering
The only record we have is the length of your finished recordings which will be available on your personal readers page.
Our experience is that for a ready to catalogue 1 hour of recording it will take you about 3-4 hours depending on the difficulty of the text.
Your school or other organization will have to institute its own procedures for accepting/verifying LibriVox volunteer time without any participation on our end

If under these conditions you would still like to volunteer, or if you decide to do it some time for fun, just register for our forums and we'll give you what help you need to get started
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

ReaderVol2 wrote: December 26th, 2020, 8:17 pm Hi! I am a new volunteer here. I am doing this as one of the steps to receive a scholarship. I do like to read though, and I wanted to volunteer places for some time, but with the virus spreading, it became harder to volunteer in person. So, this is a great opportunity for me to engage in different communities online, at least until restrictions are lifted.

Have a great day!
Hulloa! 🌹

Yes, your equipment behaves quite amazingly and does not let you relax at all! In fact, this is the first time I see problems like these; I think that many others here too. But the more valuable is the experience! I am sure that you will cope with everything well and that it will all help you well - in particular, with education.
Wish you all the best! 🦏
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄