Howdy!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Kupera

Post by Kupera » December 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm

Hi, I'm Kupera and I'm new! I have some experience doing voice recording from school projects, and I've really enjoyed it; it can be surprisingly hard work sometimes, but it's super rewarding. My mom is suffering macular degeneration and is an avid reader, so I've become motivated to explore ways of keeping her connected and thriving... and thought, how cool will it be if I "read her a book" from across the country! I hope I figure out the project formats pretty easily, that seems the most challenging part to me... Nice to be here :9:

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » January 10th, 2021, 3:33 am

Kupera wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Hi, I'm Kupera and I'm new! I have some experience doing voice recording from school projects, and I've really enjoyed it; it can be surprisingly hard work sometimes, but it's super rewarding. My mom is suffering macular degeneration and is an avid reader, so I've become motivated to explore ways of keeping her connected and thriving... and thought, how cool will it be if I "read her a book" from across the country! I hope I figure out the project formats pretty easily, that seems the most challenging part to me... Nice to be here :9:
Hello Kupera! It is pleasant and joyful to see not just reading enthusiasts and volunteers, but also a caring child who worries about the mother. I am sure that your reading will delight not only your mother, but also many other people - not only across the country, but across the entire planet! I wish you success and happiness! :)
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:
Alexander, by HandmadePSK

Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 » January 10th, 2021, 3:49 am

Hi, Kupera! I’m new too, and also excited to get started. I think it’s great that you’re doing this in part to connect with your mom- what a fun way to read her a book! I’m sure she’ll appreciate it, not to mention all the other people that will listen eventually!
Phil