Hello Everyone!!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MarkPallottinoJr

Post by MarkPallottinoJr » November 30th, 2020, 12:54 am

Hey EVERYONE,

My name is Mark, I'm 33 years old and I've been working with audio all my life. When I was young I was part of a rap group where I learned a lot about recording, needless to say music and audio in general were really big parts of my life. I also worked for a recording studio where I did audio editing, sound fx (Foley design) and also worked as a voice actor on several projects including local and national award winning and nominated audiobooks. I am currently working from a home studio setup with some fairly decent equipment. It definitely isn't the professional setup I used to record in but its mine so I love it. I also love Roman history and study Latin. I also have worked as a writer on various projects both for pay and for fun. I'm excited to work with anyone who is willing to bring me on to their projects and have fun.

Thanks for reading,

Mark

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » December 9th, 2020, 1:28 pm

Wow Mark. You will fit right in here with all your experience and talent. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

7 STEPS TO RECORDING FOR LIBRIVOX Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
Before it was carved, Mount Rushmore was unprecedented.

Come Zoom with us in February. Dramatic Reading editing will be explained.

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » January 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm

MarkPallottinoJr wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 12:54 am
Hey EVERYONE,

My name is Mark, I'm 33 years old and I've been working with audio all my life. When I was young I was part of a rap group where I learned a lot about recording, needless to say music and audio in general were really big parts of my life. I also worked for a recording studio where I did audio editing, sound fx (Foley design) and also worked as a voice actor on several projects including local and national award winning and nominated audiobooks. I am currently working from a home studio setup with some fairly decent equipment. It definitely isn't the professional setup I used to record in but its mine so I love it. I also love Roman history and study Latin. I also have worked as a writer on various projects both for pay and for fun. I'm excited to work with anyone who is willing to bring me on to their projects and have fun.

Thanks for reading,

Mark
Hi Mark! You have an excellent background for successful activities here and in life in general - within the framework of working with audio and not only! I am sure that you will get a lot of pleasure and new knowledge thanks to volunteering here.
Thanks for reading aloud! :)
Buona fortuna, grande! ;)
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:
Alexander, by HandmadePSK