Hi I'm Gabriel! Please help!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GabrielLuisRamirez

Post by GabrielLuisRamirez » November 20th, 2020, 10:20 am

Hello, I'm new here.

I was recommended this community by my Freshman Composition professor--I am a dual enrollment student who's eager to record!

In all haste, I voiced a book chapter with reckless abandon and have no clue whether to post it. It's an alternative recording for Soren Kierkegaard's Diapsalmata from his book Either/Or (I found out later that one already exists on Librivox.) I also randomly selected an MC--Kitty, I think--as I uploaded it. Looking back, perhaps that wasn't the best idea: I'm realizing now that there's a system to all of this. I have no intentions of disrupting the flow of this wonderful place, but I don't want my work to be lost.

Thus, I could use some help. I'm unsure where to post my recording, how to format the post, etc. I'm just confused overall.

Thanks for reading.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » November 20th, 2020, 2:06 pm

Welcome!

I think you could post it in the Short Nonfiction collection. I see the other version is in a nonfiction collection as well.

Here's a link to the current one: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=83173

Please read the first post carefully, as it has all the info you need for the intro/outro wording, file naming, where to upload it, etc. :)
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons