Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DanielleDW

Post by DanielleDW » October 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Hello -

I'm Danielle. I'm excited to get started volunteering. I used to volunteer for the Washington Ear, an organization in Washington, DC that read newspapers and periodicals for an automated dial-in service and was a collegiate public speaker, so I'm looking forward to putting those experiences to work!

I speak French and have also studied Russian, Arabic, and Greek, so depending on the complexity of the text I may be able to help with those as well.

I'm currently a professional writer based in Los Angeles, although I travel a lot and am currently in Atlanta for the next few weeks.

Nice to (virtually) meet everyone!

Danielle

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 » October 15th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Hi, Danielle! Welcome to LibriVox! :)

Wow, so you have plenty of "speaking" experience! That's wonderful!

The first thing you'll need to do is complete a 1-Minute Test. The instructions can be found HERE. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

After you've done that, the Short Works forums might be a good place to get your feet wet.

I hope you enjoy reading with us!
Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."

HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko » October 17th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Hi Danielle!
I'm glad such multiligual talant joined us) There is a couple of projects in this thread viewforum.php?f=60 including Russian and Arabic languages ones :wink: