Nervous New Volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
OneForTheBooks

Post by OneForTheBooks » October 14th, 2020, 11:32 am

Hi! I'm Lee Stapleton, fixing to jump into this great volunteer pool!

When I was working, I used to have an hour's commute so I'd usually fill the time listening to audiobooks I'd checked out at the library. Sometimes I'd find a book on YouTube and one day I found a book by A.E.W. Mason that was read a group of people from LibriVox. Had to Google that bc I wasn't familiar with it :-) I really fell in love with the book (I think it was "Running Water"), the author, the different readers and the whole concept of people volunteering to read! I thought, When I retire, that's what I want to do!

Anyway. I struggle with technology. I live in a rural area, have no internet access at my house, have to go to the library or elsewhere to cadge onto someone else's. But no matter, where there's a will there's a way, so here I go. Or rather, here we all go!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 14th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Welcome, Lee! I just checked your test. No need for nerves (or at least, many nerves). The good part about LV is that if you mess up, no one knows about it because you can edit your recording before anyone knows. Ha ha! :lol:
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia