Hello LibriVox friends!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JBev

Post by JBev » October 10th, 2020, 2:15 pm

I just this last week received an "OK" audio test score :D and have been looking around the site, learning much already! I come as a current broadcast/podcast sound file editor, at the suggestion of several show hosts and narrators (who knew?!).

The video tutorials are great, and I look forward to jumping in as a narrator, as well as seeing what bit I might contribute as a proofer. It's early days, and I have lots to learn.
So glad to be here!

:)

barbara2

Post by barbara2 » October 10th, 2020, 4:59 pm

JBev wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 2:15 pm
I just this last week received an "OK" audio test score :D and have been looking around the site, learning much already! I come as a current broadcast/podcast sound file editor, at the suggestion of several show hosts and narrators (who knew?!).

The video tutorials are great, and I look forward to jumping in as a narrator, as well as seeing what bit I might contribute as a proofer. It's early days, and I have lots to learn.
So glad to be here!

:)
So glad to have you! Enjoy yourself.

Best,

Barbara

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 » October 15th, 2020, 8:33 am

Hi, JBev! Welcome to LibriVox! :)

The Short Works forum is quick and easy way to get your feet wet. And if you're looking to only narrate a book or play, you might want to check out the Dramatic Works forum and see if you can snag a Narrator/Stage Directions role.

If you want to do some proof-listening, a good place to go is the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum. The first few topics in the list (--they say something like "Listener WANTED" in the subject line--) are asking for proof-listeners, and they provide instructions for how to get started.

You can also go to Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose), Readers Wanted: Books, Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works, Readers Wanted: Languages other than English, or Readers Found (whichever sparks your interest :wink: ), and look for a tilde symbol (~) at the beginning of a topic's subject line. The tilde indicates a dedicated proof-listener is still needed.
Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."