I'm new, can I sit here?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
haskilllisa

Post by haskilllisa » August 21st, 2020, 7:42 pm

Hi, I'm Lisa! I feel like it's the first day of school and I'm trying to find a spot in the lunchroom. Despite the butterflies, I am excited to begin this new adventure. Judging by my previous hobbies and interests it would seem like it's been a long time coming for ol' Lisa to enter the world of audio narration. I have always loved reading, performing, linguistics, and the number of podcasts I've heard is concerning to most of my friends. I'm sure an intervention is just around the corner.

At the beginning of the year, I was a wedding florist working in New Mexico. Currently, along with so many others, that is a job I can no longer do. I spent a couple of months moping around, trying to figure out what to do with my time.
Then it hit me.
I should sit alone in my closet and read books out loud. YES! That's just the job for me. It took me another couple of months to summon the courage but here I am. Finally ready to begin. Any friendships or feedback will be gladly accepted.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm

Well Lisa, you can come sit over here with us nerds who love books and reading. We are actually waaaay beyond cool although some of us still collect pokemon. You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too with her happy dance Image
Reality called several times this week. Luckily I had that number blocked.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

haskilllisa

Post by haskilllisa » August 22nd, 2020, 9:16 am

Nice to meet you, Phil + Isabella!
Thank you for the video! It's been very helpful already. I'm excited to get this party started, even if it includes collecting a few pokemon along the way.
Cheers!