Hi

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice » August 20th, 2020, 5:50 am

Hi, I’m Adrian and I live in North West England. I’ve been spending the last two years in front of the microphone presenting a couple of music radio programmes, so I’m fairly comfortable with hearing my own voice, as I listen to all my own shows for quality control. I’ve downloaded books from Librivox in the past, but had never thought about being a reader. However I recently became interested in voice-over work and believe that reading for Librivox would be excellent practice for me and also allows me to make a contribution. Not everyone can afford expensive audiobooks and LibriVox brings audiobooks to people with less money, so it's very valuable.
Thanks,
afinevoice

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 24th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Welcome to LibriVox! You should have no problem recording with your nifty background in audio. I predict that you will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun and stick around for many years. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin (who is currently working from her home in Antarctica) welcomes you too with her happy dance Image
Before it was carved, Mount Rushmore was unprecedented.

Come Zoom with us Feb 7, 2 pm. Recording setups; what works, what has not worked.