UnclePip takes the stage...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
UnclePip

Post by UnclePip »

I am a retired Air Traffic Controller, in the UK. I have done a fair bit of amateur dramatics in my time, and belong to my local group here in Norfolk, England. During the lockdown, I have tried to keep the group going by running play readings by Skype, which led to me learning some recording and editing skills. I am in the process of mastering a dramatised version of Henry James’ “The Turn of the Screw”, recorded one by one by members of the society.

Sadly, it doesn’t look as if our group is going to survive, so I’m looking for another outlet for my skills. Librivox, suggested in Krystal Wascher’s book “Audiobook Recording”, looks like an excellent place to start!

I'll be looking for fiction and non-fiction projects, and obviously some drama stuff too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard . I see you've been cleared for takeoff :D . Have a look around at something that appeals - if you like reading poetry the weekly and fortnightly poetry is a good place to start. Quick to read, PLed and catalogued quickly so you get an idea of how things work painlessly.

Anne
UnclePip

Post by UnclePip »

Thanks, Anne! I'm just contemplating a short ghost story for the ongoing collection...