Hello from Leiden, The Netherlands!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gigajosh

Post by gigajosh »

Hi everyone!

I discovered this wonderful community today after bumping into a mention of it on Reddit.
I live in Leiden, The Netherlands and speak English and Dutch. English is my mother tongue and I have a U.K. accent, originally a London accent (with Essex origins) but because I've lived in The Netherlands a long time, it's become more what you might call European English, which often comes from working with non-native English speakers for an extended period of time.

Dutch is my second language and although I'm fairly fluent, I don't currently plan to record in Dutch on account of my accent perhaps being too annoying :lol:

I enjoy reading aloud to my daughter very much and although she's reading herself now, she still loves being read to. I can't wait to take my first baby steps in this community :clap:

I've just uploaded 2 1 Minute Test recordings after spending some time reading the advice in the Wiki. I made 2 recordings because I have 2 different microphone options and thought it would be worth immediately establishing if either mic would be viable, or if only one would really be appropriate.

Glad to be here!

Regards,
Josh
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hello, Josh and welcome to LibriVox! Congratulations on getting your 1-minute test approved! :)

If you'd like to use your Dutch in another way, there's a Dante project is search of a proof-listener:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81464

Michael