Hello from the Philippines!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gemstarb

Post by gemstarb »

Hello Everyone! :D

My name is Gemstar, and you can call me Gem for short. (Yes, that is my real birth name. Haha!)
I am just so happy to be able to part of this growing community! Growing up, it has been a dream of mine to do professional voice-overs and the likes, and even recording for authors! A good friend of mine suggested LibriVox and I was all the more excited finding out that it is free and that I can record on my own time (I work as a full-time filmmaker for a company as an in-house)
I hope to do my best and be of help to this community and the cause it stands for! May it reach more people indeed!

I am more than happy to volunteer and read, for what I believe is a very good cause, to help children learn and get access to free audiobooks, especially those that are unable to purchase them.

Thank you admin for my acceptance here!! :D
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hello, Gem and welcome to LibriVox! You have a great attitude and laudable motivation (and, yes, also a great name :)). I look forward to working with you!

Michael
AraMoriyama

Post by AraMoriyama »

Hello! I am new to Librivox. Thanks for the accept, admin!
I am Ara, and I am a freelance Japanese voice-over artist and translator. I loooove reading Japanese/English/Tagalog books and listening to audiobooks.
I joined LibriVox for I aspire to be an audiobook narrator, and also to meet fellow audiobook lovers and narrators. Also, I want to enhance my English speaking ability for there are times that I stutter when the speak the language, and I think that by practicing English audiobook narration, it will be a great help.

I am hoping for future collaborations with people in this community.
Salamat po! <3
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Welcome to LibriVox, Ara! It sounds like you're well positioned to make great contributions to LibriVox and hone your skills in the process!

I don't know if Gem is interested in Tagalog audiobooks, but every project here needs at least a reader and a proof-listener, so perhaps the two of your could collaborate...

We haven't had any new Japanese projects in a long time. It would be great to expand our Japanese-language collection!

Michael
gemstarb

Post by gemstarb »

Thank you for the warm welcome, Michael (and for complimenting on my name :D haha!) I hope to make time within the week to start!

Hello Ara,
Welcome to Librivox indeed! How very interesting that you know Tagalog too! :thumbs: I would love to collaborate with you sometime with a Tagalog Project! How exciting!
I've been eager to learn Japanese too, but sadly on my end, I currently do not have the time to, yet.

I hope you all have a productive and fruitful day ahead! :clap: