Hello from NYC! + What's your favorite book?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
LLOVOS

Post by LLOVOS » June 26th, 2020, 10:42 am

Hiya,

My name is Luna. I am a born and raised New Yorker hoping to surf/dive in Brisbane, Australia one day. As a first-generation college graduate and healthcare worker, I love books and reading out loud. My favorite genre is non-fiction (science and health topics). As for fiction, my favorite novel is The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien and I like anything written by Stephen King. I have been told by friends, family, and peers that my voice is soothing. Before I aspire to narrate books for Audible, I wanted to try audiobook narration here with LibriVox as part of a collaborative team. Hoping to learn and contribute as much as possible. It's important that audiobooks be free and accessible to all. Hopefully, my recordings can help someone enjoy reading too. Thank you.

I am using a Blue Snowball microphone with a pop filter and Audacity for Microsoft.

In Good Health,
Luna :D

Please comment below what your favorite book is if you have one. Thank you.

seanbardwell1215

Post by seanbardwell1215 » June 26th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Awfully hard to pin down one book as my favorite. In order to answer that, I have to go with two different works that I find myself rereading every now and then: "Dracula" and "The Count of Monte Cristo"

I enjoy Stephen King as well! I think "The Dark Tower" books are among my favorite of his works, although I'm pretty keen on "Salem's Lot" as well.
I've read a couple of Tim O'Brien's books - "Tomcat In Love" and "In the Lake of the Woods."

barbara2

Post by barbara2 » June 26th, 2020, 5:24 pm

LLOVOS wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 10:42 am
Hiya,

My name is Luna. I am a born and raised New Yorker hoping to surf/dive in Brisbane, Australia one day.

[snip]

Please comment below what your favorite book is if you have one. Thank you.

Welcome, Luna! My all-time favourite novel is "Emma" by Jane Austen.

You will find Librivox a very helpful community so don't hesitate to ask questions. Phil Chenevert's welcoming video - https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs - is an informative introduction.

Best,

Barbara (from Brisbane, Australia just South of the glorious Sunshine Coast)