Greetings

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Hello everybody!
I am Guomin from China , currently living in the US and "happily" being a high school student.
I was very thrilled to hear that such volunteer opportunities exist and couldn't wait to join and do some meaningful volunteer work over the summer.
I am looking forward to setting up a project in Chinese languages(dialects) and dialects of Mandarin because each and every one of them is beautiful in its own right!
But before that, I would also love to record some English projects in my awkward mixed accent...(mainly general American accent, but with a bit of unnatural feel to it and a little bit of a British accent that jumps out from time to time)

Thank you all for the work you have been doing and I am looking forward to collaborate with such beautiful people here in the future!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Guomin,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Thank you so much!
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Hi Guomin!
Welcome to LibriVox :wink:

I'm currently working on 儿女英雄传 as dedicated proof-listener and trust me, it's a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if there're many collaborative Chinese projects right now, but that in itself is a great opportunity, right?
You can try gain some experience as a reader and PL, and start your own collaborative/solo project when you're ready!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D