Howdy! Roger from Texas

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rogerlbrown

Post by rogerlbrown » May 18th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Howdy, y'all! No, I don't really say that in real life, but it's fun to write. :)

Background
I've been listening to audiobooks for years, and there's nothing like a good narrator that can help bring a story to life. I would like to use LibirVox as an chance to record and practice telling stories myself. While I don't have any experience narrating books (yet), I did spend a couple of years recording technical e-learning modules on Youtube which helped me get over the strange experience of hearing my own voice.

Recording Setup
Mic: Blue Yeti
Recording and Editing Software: Audacity & Reaper
Recording Space: A closet with some acoustic treatment on the walls.

Looking forward to volunteering and learning!
Roger

msfry

Post by msfry » May 18th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Hi Roger. Fancy meeting you here. Looks like you have the same mike as I do, a Yeti Blue. I don't see your 1 minute test, so maybe you forgot to upload it, or forgot to post the link so we can listen. Go back to that welcome letter and re'read the instructions please. :)
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

rogerlbrown

Post by rogerlbrown » May 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm

msfry wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Hi Roger. Fancy meeting you here. Looks like you have the same mike as I do, a Yeti Blue. I don't see your 1 minute test, so maybe you forgot to upload it, or forgot to post the link so we can listen. Go back to that welcome letter and re'read the instructions please. :)
Thanks for pointing that out. I though I did upload it, but realized I forgot the last step on the upload screen to actually submit it. Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rogerlbrown.mp3

williamjones

Post by williamjones » June 10th, 2020, 5:48 pm

rogerlbrown wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm
msfry wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. I though I did upload it, but realized I forgot the last step on the upload screen to actually submit it. Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rogerlbrown.mp3
Roger,
from your 1-minute test, it's clear that you have a very good vocal instrument. Michele reserved section 5 for you for 2 weeks, that is, until June 1st, which was 10 days ago. Would you please confirm whether you still want to record section 5 for this project? Just say the word and I'll flip the switch to make it officially yours. Lemme know, please.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

rogerlbrown

Post by rogerlbrown » June 12th, 2020, 5:04 pm

williamjones wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 5:48 pm
rogerlbrown wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm
msfry wrote:
Roger,
from your 1-minute test, it's clear that you have a very good vocal instrument. Michele reserved section 5 for you for 2 weeks, that is, until June 1st, which was 10 days ago. Would you please confirm whether you still want to record section 5 for this project? Just say the word and I'll flip the switch to make it officially yours. Lemme know, please.
William - thank you for the follow up, and apologies for not getting back to everyone sooner. My situation at this point has put me in a position where I cannot commit, so please free up the spot for someone else. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.
Thanks!
Roger