Hello from Japan

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MrCrow

Post by MrCrow » April 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to narration. I enjoy talking and reading and I hope my voice isn't as annoying as my wife says it is. I look forward to working with you all.
Eric

miss stav

Post by miss stav » April 22nd, 2020, 1:48 pm

Hello Eric,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Interested in legents? Try Legents Of Saints And Sinners. Interested in femenist fiction? Try Falkner.

ShaunBlake

Post by ShaunBlake » April 23rd, 2020, 9:06 am

MrCrow wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to narration. I enjoy talking and reading and I hope my voice isn't as annoying as my wife says it is. I look forward to working with you all.
Eric
Hi, MrCrow; you and I are in the same boat. (Well, except for the wife. And except for being in Japan.) I think you need a new mic. Although it didn't help my 'problem', it's better than surgery (and they don't do head transplants. Yet.

Hope you enjoy your 'work' here. And can find a way to filter out my witticisms!
As a person wishing to gain knowledge with hard work, augmented by leeching–but humbly leeching–CC is always welcome, by quotes in the forum or PMs.

MrCrow

Post by MrCrow » April 25th, 2020, 3:05 am

ShaunBlake wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 9:06 am
MrCrow wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am
Eric
Hi, MrCrow; you and I are in the same boat. (Well, except for the wife. And except for being in Japan.) I think you need a new mic. Although it didn't help my 'problem', it's better than surgery (and they don't do head transplants. Yet.

Hope you enjoy your 'work' here. And can find a way to filter out my witticisms!
Hello Shaun, we are both in the annoying voice boat? A new mic would certainly be cheaper than surgery but hopefully I can just get used to it.

Thanks for the welcome

MrCrow

Post by MrCrow » April 25th, 2020, 3:05 am

miss stav wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 1:48 pm
Hello Eric,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Thank you!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 25th, 2020, 10:40 am

Eric, your voice will be loved by people, I promise. Please don't worry at all. In fact, unique voices can make the very best narrators. :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A great thing about waking up early is having the whole day to go back to bed.

Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

MrCrow

Post by MrCrow » April 28th, 2020, 4:04 am

philchenevert wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 10:40 am
Eric, your voice will be loved by people, I promise. Please don't worry at all. In fact, unique voices can make the very best narrators. :thumbs:
Thank you Phil :D