Brand new here, looking forward to helping with LibriVox's mission!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
xxrush2112

Post by xxrush2112 »

Hello all! My name is Justin and I've been wanting to join LibriVox as a narrator for a few years, yet the idea has always been overlooked on the "To Do" list as something I'd get around to "one day." Now, that day has come and I'm excited to get started.

My inspirations for joining are that:
- it will encourage and motivate me to read texts that I'd otherwise never try
- I love recording and editing audio, and I used to run a little podcast side project in the recent past
- I have been told throughout my life that I have a great voice destined for radio or broadcasting, and I've been encouraged by family and friends to put it to use somehow
- I think the public domain is a wonderful tool to facilitate the spread of knowledge, arts, the human condition, information, ideas, and entertainment, and I'd love to contribute to it and help it grow.

I own an Audio Technica ATR-2100 USB Cardioid Dynamic microphone which I will be using to record. It is often referred to as a great all-around entry level microphone for podcasting and audio work, and having used it many times I can attest to its crystal-clear recording ability.

Looking forward to getting started and meeting some new friends along the way!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

Well, it sure sounds like you know what you're doing. 8-)

We do recommend the 1-minute test as a tech check, to be sure your settings are all correct. Holler if you have questions - and then post the questions, because we probably won't hear you holler. :roll:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
xxrush2112

Post by xxrush2112 »

Thanks! I will check out the 1 minute test. I have already determined that I may need to buy a pop filter because plosives seem to be unavoidable with my setup and speech.