Hello, just signing from Seoul, South Korea

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Hello, Librivoxers.
I am a college student, living in Seoul, South Korea, majoring in English Literature.
Since I am blind, I always read the required texts for my literature classes in braille.
Here in Korea, it is very hard to get books in braille. Fortunately, quite many literary classics are available for free on the internet, and I can download those etexts and read them using my refreshable braille display device.

I find some online libraries very helpful to me, especially Project Gutenberg and Librivox. I used to download and read many etexts from Project Gutenberg since 2004, and it was through their audiobooks listings that I discovered Librivox in 2006.
Since then, I became an ardent listener of Librivox recordings. I listen to the recordings while reading the PG etext in braille.
I love your recordings, because I can enjoy variety of readings of the classics by many different voices and accents. I think your site will be beneficial for students learning English as a foreign language. Actually, I am one of them. And now, I really would like to contribute something to this wonderful project. I enjoy reading books aloud to my little brother, and reciting poetry.
:)
I plan to record one of Shakespeare's sonnets and submit it into the Short Poetry Collection as an experiment.
I already have recorded sonnet 18 by Shakespeare using my IRiver, and the MP3 file is stored in my hard drive.
Well, after I finish my midterm, maybe I can submit it to the collection.

Hope to come back, soon.
Cheers,

Eunah Choi
Last edited by rita1075 on April 18th, 2007, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome

Have fun here :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

Welcome, I am so glad that you are able to use our audiobooks in your studies. Enjoy.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

rita1075 Welcome and Enjoy, I know you will find plenty to get involved in.

Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hello Eunah, and welcome!

So far, we only have one recording in Korean, and that was in our multilingual 'Universal Declaration of Human Rights' project. We now run a multilingual poetry collection, and are on volume 2 now.

Here's a link to the project thread:- http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4467

If you could contribute some classical Korean poetry, that would be wonderful! (I say classical, just to make the 'public domain' considerations more straightforward).

Hope to see you there!

David
jiminosum

Post by jiminosum »

hello Eunah,
this is jimino from China,glad to have you here.
it is said that voice can reach your soul. we are from different places,but we are united here because of Librivox.hope you'll enjoy it.. :)
Best wishes,
jimino