Hello from Moore, Oklahoma

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lorenmj

Post by lorenmj » February 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am

I am Loren. I am a 48 year old computer security professional with 3 decades in the field. I love to read but have never tried reading for others, professional or otherwise, and look forward to contributing. Because 'Loren' can easily be confused, I will point out that I am male. I've been married for 17 years and we have 4 cats. I do know another language, but it is American Sign Language, which doesn't lend itself to reading audiobooks, so that is probably not helpful in this context. Although I would always encourage people to learn at least one additional language in their life.

I had promised myself I would write a book once I had enough life experience - I had planned the golden age of 30. As I am well past that now I can't see that coming back up as a possibility until retirement.

I can't think of anything else so if anyone has questions I am happy to answer.

-lmj

barbara2

Post by barbara2 » February 4th, 2020, 4:01 pm

lorenmj wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am
I am Loren. I am a 48 year old computer security professional with 3 decades in the field. I love to read but have never tried reading for others, professional or otherwise, and look forward to contributing. Because 'Loren' can easily be confused, I will point out that I am male. I've been married for 17 years and we have 4 cats. I do know another language, but it is American Sign Language, which doesn't lend itself to reading audiobooks, so that is probably not helpful in this context. Although I would always encourage people to learn at least one additional language in their life.

I had promised myself I would write a book once I had enough life experience - I had planned the golden age of 30. As I am well past that now I can't see that coming back up as a possibility until retirement.

I can't think of anything else so if anyone has questions I am happy to answer.

-lmj
You sound as if you'll be right at home here, Loren. Having cats helps....

Have you seen Phil Chenevert's welcome video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtn_2d3_qs&t=232s

Best,

Barbara