Hello from Denver, CO!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Adalwolf313

Post by Adalwolf313 » February 2nd, 2020, 12:23 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been a fan of audiobooks (and LibriVox!) for a few years now. During that time I've listened to dozens, if not hundreds, of great books and I'm looking forward to contributing to the audiobook community as a reader! I've loved the idea of doing voice-over ever since I was a child and since I have no plans to pursue a career in voice-over, doing it on a volunteer basis will be a great outlet.

As far as my reading tastes go, I'm a fairly broad reader. I enjoy fiction and non-fiction equally and within those broad categories I read primarily classic novels, science fiction/fantasy, philosophy, anthropology, horror, adventure, history, memoir... the list goes on! Out of all the books I've read, though, my favorite is Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse. There's a fantastic recording of it read by Peter Weller which I recommend.

That's all for now, thanks for having me!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » February 3rd, 2020, 12:07 pm

Welcome to LibriVox! You will enjoy being creative here and of course have fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; you may find it informative and helpful or then again it may just be confusing. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
"Eureka!" said Archimedes to the skunk. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Adalwolf313

Post by Adalwolf313 » February 5th, 2020, 10:31 am

philchenevert wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 12:07 pm
Welcome to LibriVox! You will enjoy being creative here and of course have fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; you may find it informative and helpful or then again it may just be confusing. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to getting started on a project. And thanks for the video link, this should be really helpful!