New Volunteer from Cincinnati, USA!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
zanap

Post by zanap » January 30th, 2020, 11:34 am

Hello, everyone! I am so excited to start making recordings and collaborating with other book-lovers!

I am a graduate student in the sciences from Cincinnati, but I have always loved the way a good book can pull me completely out of my own reality and into another. In the past couple of years, I have started listening to audiobook versions of some of my favorite stories, and the way the reader interprets and "acts" the story often feels like I am reading these books again for the first time.

My all-time favorite book is Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre (Jane's struggles between mysticism and the culture of her upbringing get me every time), but I hope to be a reader for many different types of projects through LibriVox. Please give me suggestions for a good beginner recording where I can start!!

-Zana

schrm

Post by schrm » February 11th, 2020, 11:35 am

zanap wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 11:34 am
Hello, everyone! I am so excited to start making recordings and collaborating with other book-lovers!

I am a graduate student in the sciences from Cincinnati, but I have always loved the way a good book can pull me completely out of my own reality and into another. In the past couple of years, I have started listening to audiobook versions of some of my favorite stories, and the way the reader interprets and "acts" the story often feels like I am reading these books again for the first time.

My all-time favorite book is Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre (Jane's struggles between mysticism and the culture of her upbringing get me every time), but I hope to be a reader for many different types of projects through LibriVox. Please give me suggestions for a good beginner recording where I can start!!

-Zana
welcome to our forums zana!

before contributing recordings, we suggest to record a 1 minute testfile and upload it.
here is a video tutorial about that, which helped me in the beginnings of librivoxing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY

i'm quote sure, we have some texts to read for you - but our 1 minute test prooflisteners will be a better help regarding this :-)

cheers,

/reader/12275

en-bc: lay down your arms

de-bc: sammlung kurzer deutscher prosa
de-duo: rousseau

zanap

Post by zanap » February 19th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Thanks for the video link! I will upload my test recording shortly.
-Zana