the literate loser - Mitchell

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
the Literate Loser

Post by the Literate Loser »

I must say that I'm enjoying the heck out of being a small part of this community. The project itself is great fun, but being involved in it with nice people like you makes it meaningful. Would I be out of line to suggest a place for us to take a moment to introduce ourselves?

I'll start, I guess, 'though I generally hate these kinds of things!

I'm Mitchell, a thirty-six-year-old high-school teacher of literature, algebra, computers, and yearbook production (I've also taught reading, drama, speech, and oral interpretation). I have a B.A. in English from the University of Hawaii at Hilo and am in the middle of my first semester working toward my M.Ed. in education at Hawaii Pacific University.

At the top of my list are Madeleine L'Engle, John Steinbeck, e.e. cummings, and Robert Frost, but my guilty pleasures are Sue Grafton mysteries and anything about American baseball.

I heard about LibriVox when Hugh emailed me personally and asked if I'd be interested in participating. I immediately jumped aboard. I do a little podcast called The Literate Loser, in which I do public-domain literature in longer forms, taken in bite-sized pieces, with running commentary and exposition, plus reviews of books I've read (that's the literate part) and updates on my personal life (that's the loser part!).

I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Is anyone else? :)

Okay, who's next?
Mitchell, [url=http://literateloser.net]The Literate Loser[/url]
[url=http://www.hawaiibeliever.com]HawaiiBeliever.com[/url]
Cori

Post by Cori »

the Literate Loser wrote:I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Is anyone else?
How's it going, Mitchell..?

A friend of mine has been going like stink and just hit the magic 50K ... but she also has University coursework to complete before the end of the month, hence the More frantic pace ...
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!