Looking forward to volunteering some time for a good cause

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ddderakhshan

Post by ddderakhshan » January 22nd, 2020, 12:36 pm

Hi all, Danny here, based in Los Angeles, CA.

I'm going to start proof-listening, and recording myself reading sooner than later. What's a good goal to have per volunteer recorder per year?

I'm a fan of:
speculative fiction, sci-fi, non-fiction biography, a little poetry, comedy, and computers/tech, movies.

See ya around!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 22nd, 2020, 2:22 pm

Welcome Danny. Got no advice about goals, just do what seems fun to do and keep expanding the things you try. Your first goal of course is to do your 1 minute test which is to be sure your technical specs match what we use here. After that, explore our forums. Here is a welcome video I've made here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

linny

Post by linny » January 22nd, 2020, 2:23 pm

Hi Danny!
We don't have any goals for recording. We appreciate all. Some folks are able to help out a couple of times and year and others are here every day. It's all up to you. The only real requirements are 1) be nice, and 2) have fun!

ddderakhshan

Post by ddderakhshan » January 28th, 2020, 11:34 am

Hi Phil, just watched your video. Thanks for that! Nice to meet you.
philchenevert wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 2:22 pm
Welcome Danny. Got no advice about goals, just do what seems fun to do and keep expanding the things you try. Your first goal of course is to do your 1 minute test which is to be sure your technical specs match what we use here. After that, explore our forums. Here is a welcome video I've made here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image