Hello,

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mast96

Post by Mast96 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:14 pm

Hello, I'm Mattie, and I just joined! I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate and use this site. Where do I begin? What do I do first? Just find a book I'd like to record and start recording? Thank you so much for your help!

Mast96

Post by Mast96 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:19 pm

Hello, I'm new here and quite unfamiliar with the technology side of all this. Where do I begin? What do I do first? Thanks in advance!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » December 4th, 2019, 9:54 am

Welcome to LibriVox Mattie! It is neat of you to volunteer. At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. You may proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Hootin' is a gateway drug to hollerin'. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 4th, 2019, 10:01 am

Welcome!

Probably the Newbie Guide to Recording is your best first step (after enjoying Phil's video). Here's a link to it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

That will help you get started with your microphone and software. :)
Christmas Lore: LINK
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries