Greetings from Northern Minnesota!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sgiavaras

Post by sgiavaras »

Greetings Friends!

I'm excited to apply my talents to such a worthy cause, and can't wait to dive in and meet everyone. My name is Simon, I live on the North shore of Lake Superior in Grand Marais, MN. I am a musician and poet, and a believer in the depth and value of public domain work and other institutions (like public libraries and land trusts) that make valuable community resources available to everyone with no expectation of financial contribution. It's imperative to create a society where money is not the driving factor, and projects like Librivox are, in my opinion, an important step along the way!
I discovered Librivox through the Marxist Internet Archive. I'd love to record more public domain works in that Canon, but I'm also a lover of classic fiction and drama/radio theater so may find myself in that realm of the site as well!
I have some experience recording professional audio in the form of studio music performance, and am looking to take those skills and see how they apply to the home vocal studio as well.
Thanks for your time, and hope to see you on the forums! :clap:
yomillsie

Post by yomillsie »

Well said sgiavaras! I'm new here as well and looking forward to moving this vision of audio books for the masses.