Greetings from South Carolina

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
allieland

Post by allieland » September 5th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Hello!
My name is Allie. I am from South Carolina. I speak English and Spanish. I am looking forward to collaborating on projects within the librivox community. I would love to work on Children's fiction, historical fiction and non-fiction topics (science, health, religion, and biographies). I would love to start recording on a project. Please let me know how I can get started on a project.

cstew64

Post by cstew64 » September 6th, 2019, 5:30 am

Hi Allie,
Being new here myself, I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 6th, 2019, 6:03 am

Welcome to LibriVox Allie! It is neat of you to volunteer. At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. You may proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books.

As an added bonus, here is a video about our forums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I was addicted to the hokey pokey but I turned myself around .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

allieland

Post by allieland » September 10th, 2019, 5:29 pm

cstew64 wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 5:30 am
Hi Allie,
Being new here myself, I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do.
I hope so too! Thank you for your note.