Greetings from Michigan!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
catnyxx

Post by catnyxx » August 26th, 2019, 9:21 am

Hello all, I'm a 29 year old disabled single mom of 3 rambunctious kiddos.

On a fixed income so I'm waiting for a microphone to become available in my budget. Hoping that by the 1st of September I'll be able to purchase my beginner microphone and start the process!

I've always been an avid reader, although not as much as I used to as a teen. I have even dabbled in writing, poetry and novels. I have never finished a book though.

I have never enjoyed the sound of my own voice, but always found audio books comforting and I hope to make the things I will narrate come to life.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 26th, 2019, 10:09 am

Welcome to LibriVox catnyxx! It is neat of you to volunteer. At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. You may proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Apparently you can't use Beef Stew as a password. It's not Stroganoff.

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

catnyxx

Post by catnyxx » August 26th, 2019, 10:51 am

Thank you! I'm hoping this launches an opportunity for a career as a voice actor. I'm exploring possibilities career wise. So volunteering with LibriVox I feel will help me learn more and decide if this is something I am truly interested in.