Hello everyone !

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
EllieGevelly

Post by EllieGevelly » August 21st, 2019, 9:26 am

Hello everyone ! Very excited to get started narrating poems, short stories and novels. Anything in particular you need narrating more than happy to help :)
(A little bit of background about me)
I am a nurse, but I have always grown up loving books and poems since I was a child. I remember reading my first book The Secret Garden and it was so magical! I used to read and read poems again and again until I knew the words backwards. I want to bring that magic and joy to other people who may not have time, funds, or ability to read books and indulge in being whisked away into a story.

I have done English literature at A levels and I teach children how to read in schools, but I really want to do something more and that I feel I'm going to really enjoy.
- My favourite book genre is Dystopian novels (Brave new world, Handmaids Tale, 1984, Clockwork Orange ect. I could go on forever)

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and I love the way the narrators bring the characters to life, I want to practice doing that too! I want to do the authors and the books justice by telling the stories the best way I can.

So happy to join your group and help bring books to life :D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » August 21st, 2019, 4:18 pm

Welcome!

I'm not sure if there are any dystopian novels in progress right now, but there's lots of fun projects to participate in. :) Do complete the 1-minute test to be sure your settings are OK, and then jump on in!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK