Hi from Bavaria, Germany

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lennroe

Post by Lennroe »

Hi everybody,
so I am technically not that new. I registered like a year ago or so, but my life was rather stressful since than and I didn't have a proper microphone, so I just ignored my acount here until few weeks ago.
Now I finally did my 1-minute recording and I slowly explore the possibilities. I think, I'm going to start with shorter recordings of technical and scientific non-fiction as I am an engineering student and so it is kind off win-win option for me, but I'd like to try some longer recordings later, as I get better. I'm going to do German recordings as well, as I live in Germany, but certainly not only german.
To me, I'm 25 y.o. female, living in Germany (but was born in Czech republic), I study mechanical engineering and my interests are neurodiversity, education, languages, science, enviroment, zero waste, crafting, music and I could go on and on.

Nice to meet you guys, I hope I'm going to learn a lot and improve my skills in recording with your help and some excercise and explore interesting reading, that I would otherwise never consider.
I'm also a suspected Aspie (Asperger syndrom, I'm aware that the term is outdated, not officialy diagnosed yet but in the process) and I struggle with sounding very monotone most of the time and having no proper color of voice, so any tips and tricks for that are appreciated.
Also English is my third language and I switch a lot, so excuse the mistakes please, corrections are of course welcomed :)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Lennroe wrote: July 24th, 2019, 10:20 am Hi everybody,
so I am technically not that new. I registered like a year ago or so, but my life was rather stressful since than and I didn't have a proper microphone, so I just ignored my acount here until few weeks ago.
Now I finally did my 1-minute recording and I slowly explore the possibilities. I think, I'm going to start with shorter recordings of technical and scientific non-fiction as I am an engineering student and so it is kind off win-win option for me, but I'd like to try some longer recordings later, as I get better. I'm going to do German recordings as well, as I live in Germany, but certainly not only german.
To me, I'm 25 y.o. female, living in Germany (but was born in Czech republic), I study mechanical engineering and my interests are neurodiversity, education, languages, science, enviroment, zero waste, crafting, music and I could go on and on.

Nice to meet you guys, I hope I'm going to learn a lot and improve my skills in recording with your help and some excercise and explore interesting reading, that I would otherwise never consider.
I'm also a suspected Aspie (Asperger syndrom, I'm aware that the term is outdated, not officialy diagnosed yet but in the process) and I struggle with sounding very monotone most of the time and having no proper color of voice, so any tips and tricks for that are appreciated.
Also English is my third language and I switch a lot, so excuse the mistakes please, corrections are of course welcomed :)
Hi there, welcome! I can relate to you slightly, I used to be an Aspie too! Turns it I have Chronic Lyme Disease which causes my Aspie-like behaviors, so I no longer am one. I know for me I also struggled with monotone talking and stuff. First of all, don’t ever be nervous to talk. If you sound a bit monotone, that’s ok. Some listeners prefer that anyways. I know how I tried to avoid monotoneness in certain situations was to pretend like I was playing a character. I modeled behaviors/tones I had seen in movies and stuff and tried to apply that. That may not help you though. Hope you have fun and ask questions if you need!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Lennroe

Post by Lennroe »

Thank you :) Yes, I try that too, copying either a character or favourite podcaster - it kinda works but it's difficult to be consistent for longer than few minutes, so I hope to gain some practice :)