How to upload a full audio recording of CF Volney's "On Ruins".

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
tarah

Post by tarah » July 16th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Hi, all! Thanks for the hard work you do.

My name is Tarah, and I want to release the public domain audio recording of CF Volney’s On Ruins. There’s a whole story behind it, but I ran a Kickstarter, funded the production and editing, and published it for anyone to use.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tarahwheelervanvlack/the-ruins-by-count-volney-audiobook

I’d rather release it to the public and have it on Gutenberg than try to sell it to Audible, especially since I used the Project Gutenberg text to make this recording (it’s a good one!). https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1397 Doing some research led me to LibriVox as the source for the human-read audio components on PG, and now I’d like to ask some questions on the forum and make sure I have my files in good order before uploading them.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd take them. I have the files ready now.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » July 16th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Welcome!

Hmm. Probably the most efficient way would be for you to fill out the template to make a solo project, and post the project in the Launch Pad as normal. Make sure your tech settings, intros, and outros are as specified in the template.

At that point, an MC will come along to set up the project. You'd upload the files to that MC's folder using our uploader. The files will be proof-listened and any edits would need to be made, and then it would go to the catalog and be ready for public consumption.

Here's a link to info about setting up a solo project. Be sure to read through it. Then when the project is in the Launch Pad, you can take a look at the instructions that are generated in the post for the intros/outros, file naming conventions, etc.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

P.S. I notice on your crowdfunding page that you offer a "shoutout" to donors in an audio acknowledgement. We don't have such acknowledgements, so I hope you didn't get any donors at that level. ;) If this is a hardship, you could upload the files yourself directly to archive.org and not go through us at all.

tarah

Post by tarah » July 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm

I have all the audio files separated by chapter; the acknowledgments were in an additional file I won't include in this.

Thanks for this; I'll use the templates here to make sure the quality is high. Wish me luck!