Abdulaziz From Bahrain

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
khattak99

Post by khattak99 » July 16th, 2019, 8:32 am

Hi there dear forum members.

Glad to be part of the group.

I am Abdulaziz Khattak.

I am a journalist and currently edit for Gulf Construction magazine, based in Bahrain. I am a Bahraini national of Pakistani/Pashtun origins. And although English is not my first language, I am proficient in it. But I would require some expert or senior here to tell me if I am right about that. Maybe listen to an sample audio?

But I do hope to contribute in someway here and help others benefit the way I am.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 17th, 2019, 12:32 am

Hello Abdulaziz, and welcome to Librivox :)

interesting, you are the second Pakistani volunteer (well in your case, from Bahrain, but at least from Pakistani origins) who registered yesterday. What a coincidence. Well at least we won't have a problem to find a prooflistener to any Urdu (in case you speak that language as well) sections you both may come up with ;)

Of course you can also record in English, or any other language, as long as you are "understandable" in it.

First of all though, the best way to start is the one-minute test to check that your technical settings are correct before you record any official section. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
and then you can upload your test and post it here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21
and someone will come along and check it and give you feedback and advice if needed. As soon as your test is ok you can participate in any project on offer.
And I can advertise immediately our multilingual project, in case you want to record in your mothertongue :mrgreen: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=75048 I'm always thrilled to hear new languages in there.

Have fun here ! And good luck with your test.

Sonia