Hey! Glad to be part of the team!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
HusaynZainAbbas

Post by HusaynZainAbbas » July 16th, 2019, 8:28 am

My name Is Husayn. I live in Karachi Pakistan. Reading has always been one of my most favourite hobbies. I also like to read books to other people. I figured this would be a good opportunity to test my skills. Glad to be a part of the team :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 17th, 2019, 12:28 am

Hello Husayn and welcome to the forum :)

wow Pakistan, this is quite "exotic" to me. And I don't think we have many Urdu readings so far (is that your mothertongue ?), so you can help out there 8-) The problem is often finding a public domain source for the texts though, but we figure something out hopefully. Of course you can record in any language you are fluent in, so English is always and option as well.

The best way to start is the one-minute test to check that your technical settings are correct. You can read about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
then you can post it here: viewforum.php?f=21
and someone will check it and give you feedback. As soon as the test is ok you can participate in any project on offer. A good suggestion would be the multilingual project, in case you want to record in your mothertongue ;) viewtopic.php?f=60&t=75048

Well, good luck with the test and I'll be seeing you. Have fun !

Sonia