Aloha

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ChristianDavid

Post by ChristianDavid » July 7th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Hello folks,

My name is Christian. I recently moved from Hawaii to New Jersey. I am beginning a new stage in my life and am interested in gaining experience doing voice work. I appreciate literature, and I would like to contribute to this wonderful volunteer initiative and help to build up this public domain library of audiobooks.

Is it possible to make an acceptable recording using the mic on a pair of earbuds? Also, would it be worth it to start with an entry level $40 mic or should I spring for something more quality in the $90 range?

Thank you,

Christian

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 7th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Why not give it a try Christ ian? Welcome to LibriVox. And the less expensive mic woujld probably work fine. I suggest just trying; make a recording and upload as your 1 minute test and see what happens. Anway, here is a little video I've made to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Hootin' is a gateway drug to hollerin'. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

ChristianDavid

Post by ChristianDavid » July 8th, 2019, 11:10 am

Thank you, Phil, for the message and the excellent welcome video. My goal today is to record the one minute test.