Greetings From NY - USA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
KinoMo

Post by KinoMo » July 7th, 2019, 9:56 am

Hello everyone,

I first came across LibriVox scouring the Internet a number of years ago. While I'm not certain what I was searching for, I would guess it was classic reading material for my Kindle. On the other hand, it may have been an audio book to pass the time while driving.

I am a 54 year old, retired New York State prosecutor. At present, I am a semi-retired trial attorney. I have two children of whom I am quite proud. My daughter attends college and my son is looking forward to his junior year in high school. 

I have a number of hobbies but devote much of time to reading and writing.

I recall at the beginning or at the end of each LibriVox audio reading a brief announcement indicating the source of the recording and an invitation to visit LibriVox in order to volunteer.

I have enjoyed reading aloud all my life. To this day I take advantage of doing so whenever I have the chance. Rarely do I have an audience these days. As such, I have no practical reason for reading aloud other than for my own enjoyment. I have relegated the exercise to a private indulgence and read only when I am certain no one is within earshot.

I would like to volunteer as a reader for LibriVox because I would very much like to regain a practical reason for reading aloud. It will be for the enjoyment of others.

At the moment I have concerns regarding the technical elements of recording and transmitting to LibriVox but I trust there is an army of equally eager volunteers or employees able to assist with such matters.

I am grateful for this new experience.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 7th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Welcome to LibriVox! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included. Contents may settle in transit. Double your good feelings for those in NY!
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
If a cow doesn't produce milk, is it a milk dud, or an utter failure? .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here