Hi from Norcal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SummerNightOwl

Post by SummerNightOwl » July 1st, 2019, 2:11 pm

Hey folks,

New here (obviously). I'm a book enthusiast, grad student, cat enthusiast, gardener of questionable talent, academic, and aspiring sociopolitical conflict mediator (it's what I study).

I love listening to old books that tell me more of where we (humans, Americans, people of my ethnicity, people not of my ancestry, etc etc) come from. Learning history helps me understand the present and often a work of fiction can teach a lot more about a time period than a lecture can.

I like drama and creativity but don't find a lot of time for it in my life. In an alternate reality, I'm a theater kid, but not in this one. So lending my voice to this project fires up my creative collaborative juices. (There's a mixed metaphor for ya.)

Anyhoo, I'm really comforted by the fact this project exists. It is a good counterbalance to my recovering misanthropy. Humans do cool edited by admin without a profit motive after all!

Looking forward to collaborating with everyone :)
Meagan aka SummerNightOwl

KevinS

Post by KevinS » July 1st, 2019, 2:47 pm

Cool name. Cool attitude. You'll like it here.

Any questions, just ask!
"E agora, José?"

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 1st, 2019, 3:40 pm

Welcome to LibriVox Meagan! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included. Misanthropes have been known to crack a smile so there's that to worry about, eh?.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Before the crowbar was invented, crows had to drink at home. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 1st, 2019, 8:59 pm

Just so you know, your post was flagged because of a swear word, which I have edited out of your post. We just ask that all posters on the forum use appropriate language because there are children who frequent the threads. Welcome to LibriVox, have fun! :D
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

verycherrey

Post by verycherrey » July 5th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Hello Meagan! We have two things in common. Both new to Librivox and both Norcal! Looking forward to supporting you and waving "hi" as we pass in the forums.
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein