Hello from another new volunteer!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TiredBonethief

Post by TiredBonethief » June 26th, 2019, 8:47 am

Hello!

I'm Jessica and I come from Manitoba, Canada. I just finished my Masters degree in English and have been trying to think of a fun way to keep reading. I listened to several recordings while completing my degree (when I got too busy marking essays or needed to balance reading a book and doing housework) and I'm really thankful for everything you do, now I'm hoping to give something back! I specialized in nineteenth-century literature so most of what I've studied is in the public domain and I'm hoping I can convey some of my enthusiasm for these works and share that with others!

I've been reading to my family for a long time, and I really like reading aloud, so I think this will be a great experience! I'm excited to start recording, although I've never done anything like this before and can be a bit of what my dad likes to call a "technodummy", but there are so many helpful guides on here I think it'll be okay!

Thank you for reading all of my excited thoughts!

-TiredBonethief (aka Jessica)

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 26th, 2019, 9:26 am

Welcome, welcome!

I am a prince of technodummies and I have gotten along. You'll do wonderfully!

Any questions, just ask!
E agora, José?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 26th, 2019, 10:55 am

Welcome to LibriVox Jessica! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included. Offer not valid in Bulgaria
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Never buy flowers from a monk. Remember, only you can prevent florist friars. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

TiredBonethief

Post by TiredBonethief » June 28th, 2019, 8:37 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! And thank you for the video link, it was very helpful! You are all so friendly, I won't hesitate to ask questions! :)

I can't wait to start reading!