New York State Newbie

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

New to Librivox, It is al very fascinating. listening to "Heaven" by Mur Lapherty. What is or what was your first reading? Make a suggestion I am all ears!

Best
EDHjr
EDHjr
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

EDHjr wrote: April 26th, 2019, 3:24 pm New to Librivox, It is al very fascinating. listening to "Heaven" by Mur Lapherty. What is or what was your first reading? Make a suggestion I am all ears!

Best
EDHjr
Hello there, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. I sure have :D. Oh wow, I only joined in January, but that seems like forever ago! I had to go and look back to see what my first recording was, can hardly remember :shock:. I believe it was in the play The Funeral. As for recommendations, what are you interested in? Do you like poetry? What about longer chapters? Does dramatic interpretation catch you eye? Do you like lighter stuff or darker stuff? Sci Fi? History? Ok that's a lot of questions, you don't have to answer all :lol:. I can just give you a better sense if I know what you like :wink:
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, from your northern neighbour. 8-)

Hmmm... I think that Mur Lapherty book is on the app (which isn't ours; it just has the same name and some of its library is our recordings). I realize it's confusing. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

Hi Ya, Northern Neighbor & Lymiewithpurpose, I am happy to be here! To my Northern-Neighbor it seems our forecast calls for snow tomorrow? Can you believe it? Oh well, such is the irregularity of Northern weather.

Lymiewithpurpose; I am naturally inquisitive of people and their designated purpose/purposes in life. As for me I am a servant to people in need, in particular marginalized populations such as mental health consumers, substance/alcohol addiction and incarcerated individuals.
What are your passions Lymiewithpurpose and are they somehow linked to your library?
EDHjr
lymiewithpurpose

EDHjr wrote: April 27th, 2019, 4:40 am Lymiewithpurpose; I am naturally inquisitive of people and their designated purpose/purposes in life. As for me I am a servant to people in need, in particular marginalized populations such as mental health consumers, substance/alcohol addiction and incarcerated individuals.
What are your passions Lymiewithpurpose and are they somehow linked to your library?
Wow, that sounds fascinating! It's well above my head to the depth that you describe, but I get the sense that non fiction may be intriguing to you. Some projects you may want to check out (after doing your one minute test of course :wink:) are Passages from the Life of a Philosopher (there are some available chapters about contribution to human knowledge I believe), or our Short Nonfiction Collection where you can choose a short work to submit. I may be totally off in what I'm suggesting, but maybe you'll like some of it 8-).

As for my passions, I'm still trying to figure that out. Haven't quite discovered that one thing I'm interested in yet, or what I really enjoy doing. I'm often stuck at home because of chronic illness so I haven't really gotten to try many things. I do mainly read fiction however, non fiction can bore me :wink:. But we're all different and have our own interests!
Campbell
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

I'm sorry to hear about your health, however, I enjoy reading your responses because your words generate strong character and positivity. It has taken years to achieve my current level of being as your current level of has taken you a lifetime. Logically this concept is universal and known by all, but it sounds intelligent none the less. Imagine walking on sandy beach, each step sand collects on your feet. Traveling through life is like sand, choosing what is valuable and what is not.

Now for a silly question; Do you wash your feet?
EDHjr
lymiewithpurpose

EDHjr wrote: April 27th, 2019, 12:58 pm I'm sorry to hear about your health, however, I enjoy reading your responses because your words generate strong character and positivity. It has taken years to achieve my current level of being as your current level of has taken you a lifetime. Logically this concept is universal and known by all, but it sounds intelligent none the less. Imagine walking on sandy beach, each step sand collects on your feet. Traveling through life is like sand, choosing what is valuable and what is not.

Now for a silly question; Do you wash your feet?
Ok, wow this is some deep stuff here! Still trying to comprehend it, but sounds smart! When you ask if I wash my feet, do you mean in real life or in this scenario? In the scenario I don't think it's possible to... in real life I mean I don't scrub them but when I'm in the shower I stand in water so sort of?? What about you 8-)?
Campbell
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

The wash your feet part was an act humor, that's all. I didn't know how you would take it, it was all in fun
EDHjr
lymiewithpurpose

EDHjr wrote: April 27th, 2019, 4:16 pm The wash your feet part was an act humor, that's all. I didn't know how you would take it, it was all in fun
Aaah, gotcha. I have a very unique sense of humor :lol:. And I didn’t pick up on it because you had just explained your deep thoughts :D
Campbell
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

Deep thoughts=Irony
EDHjr
lymiewithpurpose

EDHjr wrote: April 27th, 2019, 5:42 pm Deep thoughts=Irony
Well I thought they were pretty deep :D
Campbell
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You all know, of course, what I say about deep subjects.
NyatsimbaTino

Post by NyatsimbaTino »

:thumbs: welcomes you
NYAXIE :thumbs:
EDHjr

Post by EDHjr »

For me, deep thoughts are merely exercise for shallow stinkers / thinkers
EDHjr
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: April 27th, 2019, 6:18 pm You all know, of course, what I say about deep subjects.
I always say ... well.