Hello from the UK!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DeniseJardine

Post by DeniseJardine »

Hi All,

My name is Denise Milnes from the UK. I am a complete novice but I have always loved reading books aloud to my children (mainly at bedtime) and my husband too (mainly on long road trips often collapsing in laughter which I'm hoping won't happen when I start to record!). I have three children who all love books, aged 14, 11 and 7. My youngest has learning disabilities and particularly loves hearing stories read aloud (he listened to the first chapter of Swiss Family Robinson earlier on LibriVox) and I hope my recordings are useful and enjoyed by people in a similar way. :)

I'm 43 years old and I work in Children's Public Health in the West Midlands and I'm looking forward to getting started with recording, having enjoyed listening to stories on the LibriVox app on my phone for a long time. I have uploaded my test and hope to get started on a collaborative project very soon. My main interests are children's stories, fantasy books and romance. I sing with a choir (pop and rock songs mainly) and love music, theatre, cycling and walking in the countryside.

Looking forward to collaborating with you,

Denise
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Delightful! Welcome!
DeniseJardine

Post by DeniseJardine »

Thank you KevinS for the warm welcome!
akbourne

Post by akbourne »

Welcome, Denise! I'm new as well! Happy reading!

Andrea