Hello from the PNW!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BookishMermaid

Post by BookishMermaid »

Hi everyone. I'm excited to be a part of the LibriVox Community!

I have an English literature degree with a creative writing emphasis, and I'm always looking for ways to put it to good use, so here I am! I also co-host a podcast, so I'm hoping to further develop my voice recording skills and experience through reading for LV.

I live in lovely Tacoma, Washington, where we are all about books and rain and coffee.

In my day job I'm sort of a social worker. I work with a firm that helps injured workers recover and return to work.

Happy to be here!
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Cool! welcome to LV! So glad that your here! What sort of books do you hope to read?
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
BookishMermaid

Post by BookishMermaid »

I'd love to read some children's literature, fairy tales, and poetry. I love the works of E. Nesbit, most, if not all, of which I believe are in the public domain. I'd also love to be involved in a "cast"-like recording of a play or two. Some Shakespeare would be fun of course, but maybe an Oscar Wilde or a Noel Coward, as well. I'll be looking for those!
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

BookishMermaid wrote: March 7th, 2019, 10:15 am I'd love to read some children's literature, fairy tales, and poetry. I love the works of E. Nesbit, most, if not all, of which I believe are in the public domain. I'd also love to be involved in a "cast"-like recording of a play or two. Some Shakespeare would be fun of course, but maybe an Oscar Wilde or a Noel Coward, as well. I'll be looking for those!

Oh cool! That will be fun! There is always short parts left over for Plays so if you want to start with something small check the orphans page. Children’s books are great we have a few collections of fairy tales open now you might enjoy! Let me know if you need any help!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hey BookishMermaid! Just stopping to say hi (from California, not too far away), because I also love the types of books you read, and I am very active in the drama forum too! I'm sure I'll see you around!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
BookishMermaid

Post by BookishMermaid »

Great to see the West Coast represented! :D
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

I'm just up the road in Edmonds. Welcome. This is a really nice community. What is your podcast?
BookishMermaid

Post by BookishMermaid »

Wow, small world! :)

My podcast is called Pop DNA. We explore the literary and historical roots of works of pop culture. We just started it back in the fall, and I've been learning the technical aspects of recording and editing as we go, so it started out a little rough, but we're getting better!
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

BookishMermaid wrote: March 7th, 2019, 6:45 pm Wow, small world! :)

My podcast is called Pop DNA. We explore the literary and historical roots of works of pop culture. We just started it back in the fall, and I've been learning the technical aspects of recording and editing as we go, so it started out a little rough, but we're getting better!
Cool! You're work on the podcast fits right in with editing. Super. Welcome.
shelle
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just launched the second Little Jack Rabbit book, so if you like children's lit., come on over and read a few chapters:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74528
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry