Hello from Saxony.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 »

My name is Stefan and I recently signed up to LibriVox. This is me introducing myself in a language that maybe only the secondary for me but oftentimes it feels like my primary langugae: english.

I am 47 yrs old, solo, and a vivid reader. I started reading at the age of five, when I also started writing (letters to aunts and uncles). Since than I wrote a lot, I read a lot...and now it all should be made useful for the community of listeners. I´ve already started to read and record "War And Peace" by Leo N. Tolstoi (which I consider to be a most influential and artificial work) for my uncle who is not as concentrated anymore to manage reading books of that volume.

I also like to recite little poems, or even a long ballad by Schiller or Goethe.

I´ve started a personal challenge: trying to learn as much poems by heart as possible so that I may have kind of a treasure when I´m old and bad-sighted.

My occupations in the (not so) real world are papermaker and electrician. I also do a lot of gardening, a lot of sports (swimming, volleyball, tennis, MTBing, and the like), and that causes a lack of sleep per night, sad to say.

But as You only live once, there´s plenty of reasons to do whatever is within reach as long and as proper as possible - to which I am committed in general and also here, on LibriVox.

An alle deutschen Leser: ich lebe in Sachsen, und zwar im Erzgebirge, und zwar wiederum in Hartenstein bei Zwickau. Meine Lieblingsstädte sind Zwickau und Dresden. Lieblingsbücher...naja, das ist nahezu unmöglich zu benennen. In der Jugend: Elizabeth Goudge - Der grüne Delphin & Das Testament des Mr. Adam. Ebenso Victor Hugo: Die Elenden. Liene Grüße und viel Spaß immer wieder beim Lesen!

Yours, Stefan
------
Don´t be happy when it´s urgent to be worried!

https://mostwantedmostneeded.com/

015234513819 [mobile phone]
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Stefan,
Welcome to LibriVox!
You'll find LibriVox's community to be an extremely supportive and patient community, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! If you have a technical/immediate LibriVox-related question, post a new topic in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum. Other non-LibriVox related things go in the Off-Topic forum. There is practically something for everyone here, and since you like poetry, you may want to check out the Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) forum. Everything in the Readers Wanted forums are up for grabs, but always check the Magic Window and most recent posts firsts, for someone may have claimed the last few sections of the book or the project may be waiting to be moved to Readers Found. A helpful glossary of terms and abbreviations is located here, and you can find nearly everything you need to know by looking in the Wiki, located here.
I think it's incredible that you memorize poetry for that reason, that's a really cool goal to have. If you have any questions, just ask, and to get started, make sure to do your 1-Minute Test- the instructions are here. Post your test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, and soon (sometimes within a couple hours, sometimes a day or two) you'll hear back from one of our LibriVox 1-Minute-Test checkers. They'll give you feedback on what is good/what can be improved about your test (negative criticism and pronunciation not included, just the technical/audio stuff) so you can make the correct changes.

Edit: The Deutsch 1-Minute Test instructions are located here as well, in case you find that easier.

I hope you find LibriVox a good place for you to record! Happy LibriVoxing!

Best,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 »

Hey JayKitty76, I very much appreciate your posting! And the one thing I appreciate the most is the red-coloured John 3:16 - signature. I fully acknowledge and support that signature. There´s a lot going on at the time in Saxony referring to John 3:16....I would call it a spiritual awakening. How long did we wait - and now - there it is!

*smile*

Greetz Stefan
------
Don´t be happy when it´s urgent to be worried!

https://mostwantedmostneeded.com/

015234513819 [mobile phone]
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Willkommen auf LibriVox, Stefan :)

Ich habe gesehen Du willst uns nach dem 1-Minuten-Test beim Friedländer verstärken :thumbs: Da können wir Hilfe wirklich gebrauchen.

Ich würde Dir nur empfehlen, erst einmal ein kurzes Gedicht oder einen kurzen Text für eine der Sammlungen einzulesen, um einfach mit dem workflow hier vertraut zu werden. Auf alle Fälle wünsche ich Dir hier viel Spaß :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Facoly24 wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm Hey JayKitty76, I very much appreciate your posting! And the one thing I appreciate the most is the red-coloured John 3:16 - signature. I fully acknowledge and support that signature. There´s a lot going on at the time in Saxony referring to John 3:16....I would call it a spiritual awakening. How long did we wait - and now - there it is!

*smile*

Greetz Stefan
I'm happy to hear that! I am a Christian, so I decided to put that in my signature (and in my interests on my profile, too) just to let other volunteers know...but I wasn't sure if it had any effect at all :) It was very kind of you to acknowledge my signature, thank you :) <smile>
Thanks,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~