Greetings from a Brit in Germany!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Vanderwall

Post by Vanderwall »

Hello from Germany!

I'd just like to personally thank "mightyfelix" a.k.a Devorah Allen for so much encouragement when I was providing her recently with the 1-minute test submission.

Devorah (beautiful name) "Thank you".

My name is Charles; and as a small boy I always wanted to be an Actor. Having people like Laurence Olivier married to Joan Plowright in your family relations somehow; doesn't help I suppose but they were my initial influences as a boy; thanks to the wonderful fortune to have spent so much time
with Masie Cobby who brought me so much joy, love and inspiration into my life in those early years that I spent on the wonderful island of Cyprus.

I never knew that Joan Plowright was born in Brigg - Lincolnshire which is where I always went as a boy to stay with my Grandparents. I was born in Scunthorpe - Lincolnshire in 1956 which is a strange coincidence when I think about it now.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hello" to all of you around the world and say how incredibly talented you all are and what a great pleasure it is for me to be associated with you all. I look forward to sharing Chapters with many of you in our reading attempts in the future and can only imagine the joy, solitude and happiness that we can bring to thousands of children and adults alike as we bring the past to life; for so many.

Kind regards and generous affection to you all,

Charles/ Vanderwall
Charles Lindup/Vanderwall

See my Librivox Profile

Or hear some of my Librivox Chapters

Harry Dee / Chapter 7
Harry Dee / Chapter 8

"Don't spend time beating on a wall hoping to transform it into a door." ~ Dr. Laura Schlesinger
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Charles and a warm welcome to the forum

great that you already passed the one-minute test and met Devorah in the process. She is indeed lovely. :D

Well, you can get close to fulfilling your childhood dream of being an actor if you participate in our drama forum. Lots of fun there, I can tell you. :mrgreen: Devorah and I are very active there too, so we'll definitely meet again.

If you like to help with a chapter or two in other projects, may I recommend our "March clean-up challenge" which has just started ? We are trying to finish projects that only need a chapter or two to be recorded so that we can archive them this month. Every bit helps. Have a look at the list in the first post and if there is something that would interest you, post in that thread to claim:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054

In any case, have a look around the forum, we cater for every taste here.

Have a nice weekend and see you soon !

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Aw, shucks, thank you both!

Yes, the Drama forum is always a lot of fun. In fact (true confessions time :oops:), I've realized recently that progress towards my goal of recording George MacDonald books has slowed drastically, primarily because I spend all my time on plays! :lol:

Regardless of where you end up pitching in, I hope you have as much fun around here as I have!